We are looking for a qualified FD with a commercial approach to continue driving our financial performance and developing our business systems and processes including IT.
This is a broad role making a significant contribution to our senior team and to our strategy for continued growth and development.
As a Limited Company and Registered Charity we are passionate about using our money well to enable the people we support to have the best lives possible.
We operate in a number of different areas within England and Scotland and employ over 2000 staff with an annual income of £56m.
We support over 1,000 people with learning disabilities across England and Scotland, helping them live as independently as possible.
We have a strong track record of supporting people with more complex needs including autism, mental health needs and profound and multiple learning disabilities.
Set up in 1991, we have grown steadily ever since. Behind this success is our belief that everyone with a learning disability has the right to an active and fulfilling life.
Whether enabling people to live in their own homes, giving opportunities to enjoy community-based activities, or supporting people into work, we aim to ensure that those we support can live life to the full.
We support people with a range of needs, from those who need just a few hours a week to people who require round-the-clock support.
Many of the people we support used to live in institutional settings, like hospitals. We have worked with them to improve their independence and quality of life.
Supported living is our preferred model of support. We also deliver outreach, opportunities and residential services.
Our services are regulated by the Care Quality Commission in England and the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.
Skills & Experience
• ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
• Knowledge of management and software systems for accounting and payroll functions
• Experience at a senior level in a large/dynamic organisation
• Experience of management of a finance team
• Experience of preparing and presenting accounts and reports
• Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisors and Board members
• Experience of leading or supporting business growth and development
• Experience of driving organisational effectiveness through continuous improvement
• Experience of working in or with multi-disciplinary teams
• Knowledge of application of IT systems and functions for business improvement
• 30 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Employee assistance scheme
• Occupational health support