Reporting to the UK Communications and Fundraising Manager within the Executive Department, you will be at the forefront of demonstrating to the public how Afghanaid is changing lives in Afghanistan. You will perform a variety of administrative tasks to support the smooth functioning of the fundraising team; contribute to the retention and growth of our supporter base by producing content for our fundraising communications; support the management of our social media channels; and engage with current and potential supporters online. During this 6-month internship, you will be given close support and guidance to undertake the tasks detailed below.
- Work closely with the UK Communications and Fundraising Manager to assist in all supporter liaison and fundraising communications activities.
- Identify opportunities for positive exposure of Afghanaid, and opportunities to inspire new support.
- Liaise with project staff in Afghanistan to gather case studies and photos to develop into communications content.
- Create, edit and schedule engaging content across all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube (images, videos, animations/gifs and infographics).
- Use social media platforms to promote our website content and drive traffic to our website.
- Help oversee, collect and analyse social media metrics to assess the effectiveness and reach of our online presence, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor online content posted by others on our social media platforms and respond in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to engage new audiences, potentially with targeted content.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with new social media accounts.
- Identify trends and cultural moments on social media which are relevant to Afghanaid and identify ways to get involved.
- Help develop, maintain and execute a social media content calendar across platforms to grow community engagement, awareness, and adoption.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a social media strategy.
- Help keep the website up to date by drafting copy and proofreading content to ensure it is grammatically correct and sensitive to the cultural and security considerations within Afghanistan.
- Support in the creation of monthly email newsletters to be sent to our subscribers.
- Process post and answer the office telephone.
- Process all donations received, whether by mail, online or by other means and ensure donors are thanked in a timely manner.
- Ensure Gift Aid declarations are sought from all eligible donors and appropriately filed.
- Ensure lapsed regular givers are contacted in a timely manner.
- Support the Finance Officer to reconcile monthly income by accurately coding donation reports.
- Maintain up-to-date records in the fundraising database. Ensure data is collected and entered accurately in the database to enable effective communications and strategic marketing decisions.
External Fundraising Appeals
- Support the UK Communications and Fundraising Manager to pursue and execute external fundraising appeal opportunities, including UK Aid Match, The Big Give, and various national newspaper Christmas appeals. This will entail producing creative communications and logistical support.
For the right candidate, this internship has the opportunity to develop into a more permanent position.
Full job description and person specification attached.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.