Our partner is a recognised organisation working to offer greater safety to people in conflict- affected communities, and the opportunity to rebuild their lives, livelihoods and futures in the aftermath of war. They are seeking a finance manager to oversee and maintain the integrity of their Syrian programme; the role is based out of Amman, Jordan. This is a leadership position within an influential organisation, and will offer a rewarding opportunity to an individual who is open to working in a challenging environment.
- Lead on the financial planning for the programme; in the preparation of project-specific and programme-wide budgets; developing tool & processes for better budget management and reporting; and preparing budget vs. actual analysis and commentaries.
- Manage the cashflow requirements and forecasts.
- Lead in the preparation of financial statements, donor reports, and in preparing for external and internal audits.
- Oversight of the finance function, including supervising and reviewing work of the finance team, providing guidance as required.
- Ensure that the programme office meets all statutory, regulatory and grant compliance requirements, and the financial policies and procedures are followed as per the organisational guidelines and expectations.
- Support the Regional Finance Manager in developing budgets for proposals, and in monitoring the regional business plan.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with strong accounting, financial management, and reporting writing skills.
- Analytical & financial modelling skills, able to critically review complex financial data.
- Strong finance business partner, able to coordinate and review information from implementing partners.
- Grants compliance, management and reporting experience, specifically experience of managing DfID, ECHO and UN funds.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment to build and strengthen controls, and prepare for an expansion in funding
- Astute & succinct, with excellent communication skills, and demonstrable experience of working with finance and non-finance staff.
- Experience of working in a management position, and overseeing staff in person and remotely.
- Resilient and culturally sensitive, willing to work in a challenging environment.
- Previous experience of working in a finance role in a humanitarian context is highly desirable.
The role is based in Amman with travel to Turkey and other countries in the Middle East. In addition to the salary, the successful candidate will receive generous allowances and benefits.