This is an interim role up to 12 months, however a permanent appointment is possible for the right candidate. So those with notice periods are also encouraged to apply.
The organisation, our partner, is committed to the fight for an often forgotten sector of society. In the UK and internationally, the work with partners to create opportunity. They are also dedicated to ensuring that barriers denying people their basic rights are removed.
The role takes responsibility for the daily function of the international department of the organisation. It also supports the directorate in establishing and maintaining financial controls and systems as per organisational specifications. The role will work in partnership with international offices and will be responsible for providing financial management and advice for complex donor grants.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the finances of the Directorate, ensuring that income and expenditure is in line with approved budgets.
- Assist in the prepartion of annual budgets, as well as working with Programmes team in establishing programme budgets.
- Assist in the development of financial systems for the Directorate.
- Assist in developing capacity buliding strategies for local and international offices.
- Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge of SORP
- Knowledge of computerised accounting packages
- Experience of working with large donors such as DFID, European Commision, USAID etc
*Please note this is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and requirements*