Our partner, an innovative healthcare INGO, is seeking a Finance Manager. The role is quite broad and will offer the successful candidate a range of responsibilities and good insight into accounting, financial management, business partnering and operations within an international not for profit.
- Maintain the integrity of the finance function, with oversight of the external bookkeeping and payroll providers.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts, and support the Head of Finance in preparing the annual budget and re-forecasts, and Board Packs.
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts and financial reports; prepare for external audits and liaise with the auditors in the UK and in the country offices overseas.
- Reviewing and strengthening the organisation’s controls, accounting & financial management processes, ensuring these are fit for purpose, especially as they look to grow and expand the countries in which they operate.
- Maintain oversight of the financial system of the country offices, supporting them in meeting their monthly reporting requirements.
- Set up the accounting, financial management and reporting systems of new country offices, as and when these are opened.
- Responsible for operational tasks, including managing the relationship with the IT provider, oversight of procurement and administration within the organisation.
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Strong technical skills, with a background in financial accounting, management accounting & reporting.
- Experience and knowledge of grants compliance & reporting (either as a charity auditor or having worked in an INGO finance role) is essential.
- Experience in establishing, reviewing and strengthening controls, processes and systems within a growing organisation.
- Strong business partner, with excellent communication skills, able to work with a variety of finance and non-finance stakeholders in the UK and overseas
- Confident in use of accounting software.
- Able to manage a varied workload and thrive in a small team.
This role will be London based with travel to country offices overseas. Please note, this role is only open to candidates with the right to work in the UK.