Our partner is women’s health and empowerment organisation. They are seeking an experienced grants finance candidate to oversee their portfolio of institutional grants; the successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight of new business development, as well as full project life-cycle support to country & regional teams. Depending on the person’s experience, there will be scope to support in the development and rolling out of the partner’s 10 year strategy.
- Oversee the development of cost proposals for new funding bids; this includes coordinating with country & partner offices; ensuring that the proposals are developed accurately, represent value for money and are competitive; and monitoring the progress and performance of new bids.
- Perform financial due diligence on new partners
- Providing full life-cycle support to country & regional teams from the budget proposal development stage, to project management and project close-out stage.
- Lead on providing advice & training on grants finance & compliance, working effectively with the leadership team, grants finance team & international operations.
- Ensuring the MSI meets all its project finance compliance and reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation of grant audits.
- Qualified, senior accountant with experience in full project life-cycle grant management. A background in developing bids for, managing grants compliance & reporting, and close out of institutional grants including DfID, EC, USAID is essential.
- Experience of working in a multi-country, multi-currency INGO with a complex set-up and global operations.
- Commercially astute, with strong numeracy, analytical, systems and reporting skills.
- Strong business partner, able to work with a range of stakeholders (junior and senior) in person and remotely.
- Staff management experience