- Develop virtual fundraising events, challenge events, Fun events and other community fundraising initiatives.
- Carry out partnerships with schools, universities, faith groups and other community organisations for fundraising purposes.
- Maximise the use of digital and social media to promote fundraising events
- Develop fundraising events and products suitable for community groups, corporate employees, families and individuals.
- Develop tailored resources and fundraising packs.
- Contribute towards achieving the targets and outcomes of AHO’s fundraising strategy and annual fundraising plans.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare the community and event fundraising, incorporating digital/virtual fundraising alongside traditional methods.
- Run community fundraising, including relationships with schools, universities and other community groups.
- Manage the charity’s online fundraising pages.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with sponsored event participants and community fundraisers to maximise income and encourage repeat participation.
- Use Mailchimp to develop content and communication journey with event participants.
- Research and design new fundraising events, initiatives and products suitable for the changing COVID-19 landscape.
- Produce and implement multi-channel marketing plans to promote the above products.
- Oversee and manage all community and events materials, including fundraising guides, running vests, collecting tins and other fundraising collateral.
- Write inspiring content for supporter communications and update fundraising pages of the AHO website.
- Activate employee fundraising initiatives.
- Manage, train and support fundraising volunteers as appropriate.
- Respond to general enquiries relating to Community Fundraising.
- Highly effective at persuasive, engaging and creative writing.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for AHO’s delivery approach and mission and values.
- Proven experience of delivering income growth in an event or community fundraising setting (preferably both).
- Experience of developing and successfully launching new community and/or events products.
- Proven knowledge of online fundraising tools and digital marketing.
- Experience of providing exemplary supporter stewardship, to strengthen and cultivate relationships with fundraisers
- A passion and motivation to raise money to support health and social care projects in Africa.