The Grant and Bid Writer Volunteer supports the Director for developing and writing grant proposals to trusts, foundations and other grant-making organisations such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UKAID, USAID, EU grants, DFID tenders, NHS tenders, London tenders, etc, and persuasively communicates AHO's mission and programmes to potential funders. In collaboration with the Director, the Volunteer administers the organisation’s grant management activities, including grant proposal writing, editing and compilation, submissions and follow up and prospect research. This position helps to write tenders based on instruction and detailed information from the Director, referring back for editing and final approval, leading to increased success in winning contracts and funding. Applications are welcome from any part of the world.
Purpose of Role
To identify grant and bid opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process and to produce successful tender proposals – as well as other fundraising applications when required based on good research and excellent communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organisations persuasively communicating the organisation’s mission and programmes to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities – including deadline dates, required materials,
- Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding
- Researches and identifies potential sources of foundation and corporate grants and governmental funding.
- Writing tenders based on instruction and detailed information from the Director referring back for editing and final approval, leading to increased success in winning contracts
- Maintaining an awareness of contracts due for tender and taking responsibility for acquiring pre-qualification questionnaires and tender documentation
- Collating the input of disparate contributions to create a coherent and well-structured final tender and ensuring the timely submission of tenders and other proposals
- Qualification in any area that results in superb writing skills, including grammar, clarity and style
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organised, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- Experience of writing and delivering successful grants and tenders,
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.