Job title: Supporter Experience Assistant
Salary: £21,000 to £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Central London
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, Mon – Fri (9am - 5.30pm), flexible working available
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a proactive, ambitious, confident candidate to support the delivery of a new fundraising strategy for AfriKids. You should have a keen interest in fundraising and international development, as well as a passion for giving supporters a rewarding experience as they transform lives in Ghana.
The Supporter Experience Assistant will be a key member of AfriKids’ small, UK fundraising team. You will support the Individual Experience Manager to maximise Individual Giving, Community and Challenge Fundraising. AfriKids is a small, collaborative team so this role will also require you to work across the whole fundraising portfolio.
- To manage supporter care across digital channels, email, telephone, face-to-face and find ways to innovate.
- To build relationships with community and challenge fundraisers, motivating them to maximise their fundraising experience. This includes producing necessary materials, recruiting fundraisers, managing sign-ups, looking for new opportunities and assisting at events (occasional evenings and weekends).
- To manage organic social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn - including content creation, copy writing and video editing.
- To produce content and materials for supporters, including welcome packs, leaflets and event materials.
- To support with data capture and management to ensure it is fit-for-purpose.
- To support with AfriKids’ events and admin tasks involved with fundraising/engagement events.
- Experience of providing quality customer/supporter care using digital, email and telephone
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience in managing social media channels (preferably in a professional capacity) - particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - and content production including video editing
- Confident copy writer and excellent written skills
- Experience of working with databases and data analysis
- Excellent time management and ability to handle a varied daily task list
- Interest in fundraising, international development and an understanding of AfriKids’ vision, mission and aims
MORE INFO & HOW TO APPLY
For full details on the role, please download the recruitment pack on this page.
The application will involve sending your CV and covering letter, outlining why you are the right candidate for the role, to AfriKids before midnight on Monday 5 August 2019. Click the apply button for details on how to apply.
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Wednesday 14 August 2019.