Salary - £22,000 to £24,000 per annum – depending on experience.
Permanent contract – 37 hours per week
Location: Locks Heath (can be flexible)
Are you looking to contribute to something meaningful and have a sense of job satisfaction every day? We have the opportunity for you to join our team and support vulnerable people in the community that rely on the support of Age Concern Hampshire.
We are recruiting a Community and Grant Fundraiser to support the fundraising activities so that the organisation can flourish and support delivery of its services in meeting the increasing needs of an ageing population. The Community and Grant Fundraiser will support the organisation to deliver its fundraising ambitions and be an ambassador within local communities.
About the Community & Grant Fundraiser role
The post holder will work with the Head of Marketing and Fundraising to secure income from different income streams (including individuals and organisations) through grant applications, community fundraising events, donor solicitation and corporate partnerships. The post holder will support the development of a ‘community fundraising volunteer’ appeal to expand voluntary resources within the charity. The main responsibilities of the role include:
· To create and submit compelling and bespoke funding proposals/ applications to charitable trusts/ foundations.
· To successfully manage and develop a portfolio of existing ACH supporters (including thanking, reporting and identifying upsell opportunities) to ensure long lasting relationships and repetition of grants and individual giving.
· Producing grant funding applications to a high standard
· Support Day Care Centres and other services involved with community fundraising.
· Working with established community groups eg: clubs, churches, schools, and other groups to raise the profile of the ACH, increase income and gain further support.
· Create and maintain strong relationships with our supporters to maximise income and other support e.g. gifts in kind, volunteer time, legacies etc.
· Promote and keep track of individual giver donations and develop a process to cultivate donors to regularly donate
· Ensure accurate records of all interaction with the community and key stakeholders are kept up to date.
· Work with the Marketing colleagues to promote opportunities to raise income to new and cultivate in-kind support.
· Cultivate new corporate relationships to develop the corporate alliance membership scheme by accessing Corporate Social Responsibility budgets.
· Help to secure sponsorship of events from local businesses.
· Organise and manage volunteers to assist at events.
· Attend events, cheque presentations etc, when required in the evenings and weekends.
· Develop acknowledgement processes to show appropriate recognition for event participation.
· Undertake risk assessments on events ensuring the charity is Health and Safety compliant.
· Undertake other Fundraising related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be confident and highly motivated to achieve success, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be experienced in trusts and grants fundraising, including multi-year funds and funder budgets. You will have experience of funder relationship management, as well as success at engaging people to a cause, and motivating giving.
Your values will fit with our own:
· Compassionate and Caring – putting our clients first at all times
· Committed to Excellence – focusing on continuous improvement
· Innovative – seeking to be creative and embracing new opportunities
· Inclusive – respecting individuality and with a person-centred approach in all we do
· Collaborative – supporting each other and working with other organisations
About Age Concern Hampshire
Age Concern Hampshire is an independent Registered Charity which has been passionate about supporting older people since 1985. We are committed to excellence by providing the best possible support and care to enable older people live as independently as they can to make the most of their ageing journey.
To do this we offer a range of services including:
· Day care for those with dementia and/or physical frailty
· Free impartial advice and support with claiming benefits
· Village Agents to support those living in rural communities
· Hospital to Home support services
· A range of healthy living classes for the over 50’s
· Lunch Clubs and Café
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Age Concern Hampshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.This role is subject to a DBS basic disclosure.
Applications will be accepted by CV or application form. For a full job description and application form, please contact the HR team or download them from our website
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.