Age Concern Hampshire has an exciting opportunity for a full-time HR Manager to provide a wide range of generalist HR support and advice on a range of people management activities.
Working for Age Concern Hampshire
We are proud of our open, honest, collaborative culture where staff can thrive. We strive to ensure everyone always feels valued, supported, listened to and appreciated. You will work with our incredible teams of caring, dedicated and friendly employees and volunteers who really make a difference to peoples’ lives.
Other benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- 24 days paid holiday, plus bank/public holidays
- Free car parking
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering 24 hour confidential support on a wide range of issues
- COVID-compliant working practices
- Pension Scheme
The main responsibilities of the HR Manager role include:
- Provide high quality advice to management in line with the Charity’s policies and procedures and relevant employment legislation where applicable.
- Advise and assist managers with recruitment campaigns, writing of job descriptions, conducting interviews and managing the administrative processes. Proactively support the development of the recruitment process for both staff and volunteers.
- Prepare and issue contractual documents.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date HRIS data
- Design and deliver HR training workshops to managers
- Contribute to the improvement and development of HR Policies and Procedures ensuring compliance with employment legislation where applicable.
- Assist in the administration of placements under the Governments “Kickstart” scheme (16 to 24 Year olds).
- Lead or participate in improvement projects in line with the functional HR objectives.
- Deal with day-to-day HR enquiries from all employees.
Personal Qualities needed to be a successful as HR Manager:
- Empathetic, resilient, communicative and confident
- Highly motivated to ensure a high quality, effective and safe HR service provision
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable and respectful
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Ability to build and develop relationships with stakeholders
- Attention to detail while remaining focused on key objectives
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills to handle multiple priorities
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team player but also able to work alone
Skills and Experience we are looking for in our HR Manager:
- CIPD qualified to level 5 and evidence of ongoing CPD
- At least 7 years’ experience in a HR Advisor/Generalist/Officer role
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law
- Experience of recruitment, ideally in the Care Sector
- Experience of managing payroll
- Experience of HR Policy and Procedure writing, reviewing and developing
- Ideally will have experience of participating or leading HR projects
- MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
A current driving licence and a willingness to travel within Hampshire is essential for this role.
Age Concern Hampshire is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.