Age UK Bexley is a critical charity in the delivery of services and support to older people across the London Borough of Bexley. With people over 65 constituting nearly 20% of the local poplulation the charity occupies a central role in campaigning for and investing in resources key to a positive later life for Bexley's residents.
The charity has undergone fundimental change in the last two years, and is about to embark on new areas of development with a move to a new headquarters and growth of services and community profile.
About the role
The Digital and Information Development Officer role will be instrumental in shaping the way we build our expanding digital support over the coming months.
You will work with our existing staff and the charity's users to produce content and resources that optimise the website and socia media functions although in place, identifying and improving existing online tools and implementing new tools to enhance our existing services or introduce new ones.
You will be the primary point of contact for organising and coordinating the information and advice gateway service as the public facing side of the charity's wider operations.
Principle responsibilities will include:
- Research, write, edit, proof read, publish and maintain high-quality digital content that supports the charity’s information and advice provision.
- To Identify areas for service improvement and propose innovative solutions to meeting current and future needs of our clients and audiences through the use of digital technology.
- To review existing technologies to ensure that Age UK Bexley is fully exploiting digital communication to support the provision and promotion of our services, particularly its Information and Advice Gateway.
- To work with managers and staff to provide timely updates to our social media and information channels, sparking debate around issues of ageing and engaging with clients, supporters and influencers.
- To support senior managers and the CEO in the development of a digital strategy that widens recognition of the charity’s work and support to older people in Bexley.
- Use data analytics packages and CRM systems to manage data and produce analysis reports
- Identify areas for service improvement and propose innovative solutions to meeting current and future needs of our clients and audiences through the use of digital technology.
The post holder will have undertaken formal training or hold a qualification that demonstrates knowledge and application of digital and information development in a charitable setting, an ability to work collegiately within a dynamic working environment and a preparedness to look critically at our systems and methods of operation to identify efficiencies that improve our performance and service delivery.
Please send a CV, Equalities form and covering statement (no more that two pages) outlining how your previous experience, knowledge and skills equip you to meet the requirements of the person specification
We would particularly welcome applications from those with a Black Asian and Minority Ethnic background
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.