Group Dementia Activities Coordinator
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
At Age UK Bromley & Greenwich we are passionate about providing quality services to older people.
The charity is seeking to appoint a Dementia Group Activities Co-ordinator who will be responsible for planning, organising, and implementing a variety of engaging and stimulating activities for older individuals (over 65 years) with dementia and young onset dementia (under 65 years). This role involves creating a supportive and inclusive environment that promotes social interaction, cognitive stimulation, and emotional well-being.
The post holder will have operational responsibility for the Young Onset Dementia service, Memory Lane café that are part of the Bromley Dementia Support Hub (BDSH), as well as the Dementia Choir – Memory Singers. Age UK Bromley and Greenwich is a joint service provider of the BDSH, and the role will be based with Age UK Bromley and Greenwich.
- Experience of leading a group or of running workshops, with community groups or the general public
- Good people skills and experience of working with older people, community groups or vulnerable user groups.
- Empathy and understanding of older people and the issues that impact their lives.
- Good administrative skills, well organised with good time management
- Methodical approach and forward planning. Able to meet targets.
- Experience of working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. A creative thinker with good problem-solving skills.
- Good IT skills and experience using MS office software, databases and word processing applications.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work on own initiative and work effectively as part of a team.
- Commitment to the principles of Equal Opportunities and it’s practical implementation.
For a full job description and person spec please download the job pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.