Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire are actively recruiting for a Director of Finance to effectively manage and develop financial resources in line with the organisation’s vision. Age UK's vision is to make the UK a great place to grow older. We do this by inspiring, supporting and enabling in a number of ways.
You will directly manage the finance teams and ensure production of timely and high quality financial management information. Working in Coventry, with frequent travel around Warwickshire and Coventry, you will also be responsible for all aspects of financial control and fraud prevention.
The Director of Finance has specific responsibility for the operational function and strategic development of the organisation’s financial services. You will be an active member of the Senior Management Team and be expected to contribute to the strategic and operational management of all areas of the organisation.
- Work with the CEO in providing leadership and direction in the development of a broad range of activities, whilst being consistent in our Strategic Plan, and promoting the organisation’s vision.
- Ensure the organisation maximises its financial performance across the broad range of activities including long-term financial planning and a strategy for the Property Portfolio.
- Manage the finance services with a high level of customer focus and support managers with service development.
- Drive a high quality and performing culture, responsive to Board of Trustees’ needs.
- Embed effective systems and procedures creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- To advise department/unit managers on financial matters including budget preparation and guidance as appropriate. To support service managers in the preparation of bids and contract negotiations.
Skills and Experience:
- A professional qualification and membership of an Accounting body
- A degree or equivalent experience of continuous professional development
- Experience of senior/strategic leadership within an organisation
- Experience of working with SORP and/or a not for profit organisation
- A proven track record of leading and inspiring diverse teams to high level of achievement and innovation
- A successful track record of initiating, leading and managing associated risks
- Experiences of successfully developing and leading a strong performance and outcome focussed culture
- Evidence of a detailed understanding of working within Trustee Boards or similar governing bodies
- Ability to present complex financial information clearly and concisely
- Analytical skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and sensitivity
- Ability to build effective teams and relationships and achieve results through others by leading, inspiring and motivating others
- The ability to achieve change and results through influence, negotiation and collaboration
- Good knowledge of quality assurance systems and the organisational accreditation
- Committed to continuously improving service delivery
- Persistent and able to persuade others to meet your deadlines
- Excellent communications skills
What we offer in return:
- 27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension: 3% employer contribution
Further information regarding this post is available via Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire's website, or you can download a recruitment pack and related documents below.
Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire do not accept CVs whether included with an application or sent speculatively from individuals or recruitment agencies, nor accept the fees associated with them.
The decision to invite candidates for interview is based on the details completed in your application, so please make sure you complete all sections of the application form as fully as possible. There is no need to attach a CV to your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.