We are looking for a CEO that has a suite of skills which enables them to sustain the positive culture of the organisation whilst leading on our ability to grow. You will be a visible, inclusive and inspirational leader who is able to influence externally and strategically lead our team whilst also being hands-on and motivated by our mission.
To be our Chief Executive you must have a track record of growing organisations in senior leadership positions and working with a Board. Imperative to our success is the diversification of fundraising methods and increase of unrestricted funds to ensure our future sustainability in an increasingly challenging financial environment. Our ambitions include the redevelopment of our current resource base into a community hub that will enable us to continue serving Croydon people for years to come. As Covid restrictions ease we also expect our volunteer numbers to double.
We are looking for somebody who understands the leadership traits of being a CEO and will be:
- A good listener – who can walk the floor and quickly identify what the key issues are, whilst building relationships internally and externally.
- A good people manager with high levels of emotional intelligence.
- An excellent stakeholder relationship builder with commissioners, local partners, and our local Age UK neighbours’.
- A highly visible, present, and inclusive leader.
- A strategic thinker who can look at where we are, where we need to get to and how we are going to get there.
- To achieve balance between IMPACT and financial sustainability.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate:
- Track record of growing an organisation.
- Strong analytical skills - especially the ability to interpret and manage using financial data, KPIs, and driving operational improvement efficiencies across all aspects of the organisation.
- Effective motivational and supportive leadership through engagement initiatives.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Empathy for Age UK Croydon’s mission combined with sound commercial judgment
This role will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 16th August 2021
Informal conversations with Chair Designate (after shortlisting): w/c 23rd August
Final interviews: w/c 6th September
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.