Salary: £45,000 full time equivalent per annum (depending on experience)
Our mission is to lead the way in empowering, enabling, supporting, and connecting older people in the London Borough of Croydon to live well, healthily, and independently.
An exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced finance professional to join an organisation, whose focus is to look after the vulnerable and disadvantaged.
As the Finance Director you will be responsible for accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting. You will also contribute to the overall management and strategic development of the business working closely with the Chief Executive Officer as a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate and review Management accounts and ensure that the transactions of the business are conducted in accordance with the relevant accounting standards, procedures, and controls. Preparing financial statements attributable to cost centre/divisional managers.
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts in line with overall business strategy
- Analyse variances to budget/forecasts prior to submission of management accounts to relevant stakeholders
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and be able to identify potentials risks, ensuring business service awareness monthly
- Responsible for the management, leadership, performance management, development, and recruitment of any direct reports including new bookkeeper (new role 2022) and volunteer administrators.
- To be able to support both financial and business specific projects, providing relevant information to allow stakeholders to make proactive decisions.
- Take an active role in specific project initiation, planning, and execution.
- Any additional reasonable duties requested or delegated by your line manager
- Qualified Accountant
- Commercially astute, with exposure to business processes and an understanding of the relationship between operations and P&L
- Strong IT skills, particularly accounting systems and high level excel skills, including data manipulation and interrogation
CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 3rd December 2021
Interview Date: 13th December 2021
Anticipated Start Date: TBA
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.