Age UK East London (AUKEL) aims to be an organisation that enables older people to:
- Retain maximum possible choice over the direction of their lives.
- Maintain and improve health.
- Prevent social isolation.
- Live in physical environments suited to their changing needs.
- Have as many opportunities as possible for involvement in fulfilling Individual and leisure activities.
Older people and their carers are our partners in everything we do. We aim to keep our work:
- To ensure that the services are delivered in accordance to the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) Fundamental Standards acting as the organisations named CQC Home & Care Registered Manager.
- To support the Director of Care & Services Development for the delivery of high quality home support and hospital discharge support services.
- To manage Home & Care Senior Support Worker, Support Workers and Handyperson Job Booker to ensure a delivery of the highest standard of care and support to customers in line with contractual and statutory requirements.
- To complete quarterly monitoring returns in respect of commissioned home care support and handyperson services.
- To complete and maintain a person-centred support plans with customers referred to the service following appropriate policy and process including initial needs assessment, consent to care, care planning, risk assessment, moving and handling assessments and reviews as required.
- To ensure established care plans are followed through within the community by ensuring that regular spot checks, reviews and customer satisfaction contacts are completed.
- To be responsible for ensuring care workers receive regular, up-to-date training and support, including supervisions and appraisals and group support through care workers quarterly meetings.
- To manage home and care staff sickness and absence in line with AUKEL organisation policy and procedures.
- To work in partnership with the Director of Care & Services Development/Safeguarding Lead to ensure customers are safeguarded from abuse.
- To ensure Care Quality Commission Fundamental Standards and all other contractual requirements are met as a minimum and exceeded where possible.
- To ensure customers and care workers records are up-to-date and accurate with daily updating of the customer relations management system (CharityLog).
- To positively communicate with health and social care professionals, customers and staff.
- To ensure customers are offered the full range of AUKEL services.
- To assist in the growth and sustainability of the service.
- To contribute to and work effectively as part of a team.
- To provide cover within the Home and Care and Take Home and Settle projects as required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of delivering care services to older people in their own homes.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a Care Quality Commissioned regulated service.
- Experience of undertaking person-centred Care Planning including risk assessments and moving and handling assessments.
- Experience of outcomes focused reviews.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience.
- Experience of data management within a customer relations management system.
Skills/ Attributes- Essential
- The ability to communicate professionally with other professionals, customers, their families and care staff by telephone and/or in person.
- The ability to meet deadlines, and stay calm whilst working under pressure.
- A commitment to equal opportunities, teamwork and learning and development.
- The ability to understand meet the requirements of AUKEL’s Confidentiality Policy.
Slikks/ Attrbutes- Desireable
Ability to speak a community language.
- To be fully conversant with Care Quality Commission Fundamental Standards.
- To be fully conversant with the relevant statutory regulations and legislation surrounding the care industry.
- Knowledge of safeguarding legislation, policy and practice.
- An understanding of and empathy with the support needs and aspirations of older people and their carers.
Understanding of the implications of working within a charity and/or voluntary organisation.