AGE UK East London
(constituent Charities Age UK Hackney, Age UK Newham, Age UK Tower Hamlets)
Caxton Hub Activities & Centre Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Caxton Hub Activities & Centre Coordinator
RATE OF PAY
AGE UK EAST LONDON MISSION STATEMENT
Age UK East London aims to be an organisation that enables older people to:
- Retain maximum possible choice over the direction of their lives;
- Maintain and improve health;
- Prevent social isolation;
- Live in physical environments suited to their changing needs;
- Have as many opportunities as possible for involvement in fulfilling Individual and leisure activities.
Our underpinning values are:
- Making it excellent;
- Making it personal;
- Making it responsive to local needs,
- Making our shared expertise count
- Making it Best Value
Caxton Hall facilitates a Lunch club which was first established 26 years ago and the Linkage Plus project which began 10 years ago, primarily focuses on working with people to improve their wellbeing and increase their social networks and opportunities. The services at Caxton Hall are closely integrated into other Age UK East London services including Information & Advice and Advocacy, IT and User Involvement and we are linked into a wide range of delivery partners across the borough, enabling the centre to serve as a ‘Hub’ of services for older people.
The Caxton Activities & Centre Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring the
Management and smooth running of the Centre itself and activities onsite as well as in satellite centres.
You will be responsible in managing a team of 4 members of staff and 1-3 volunteers. You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis. You will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
An important aspect of the job is to develop the Centre, expand the facilities available and identify new opportunities by means of effective planning, marketing, networking and innovative solutions.
Working closely with the Community Outreach Service Manager and local statutory, voluntary and commercial sector organisations, the Coordinator will work to ensure the Centre is a vibrant, well managed facility that operates for the benefit of local residents and organisations within a sustainable Framework.
You will be responsible for the delivery of effective administrative and financial systems within the organisation and the day to day interface with centre users, service providers and the general public.
You will support and promote all activities to maximise their take up as well as ensure that service users have maximum choice and control over the planning and management of the service they receive.
- To encourage current and future users to develop and achieve their interests by providing a person centred approach, listening to members through forums and discussions to agreed standards to ensure that members feel involved in the centre.
- To promote and provide a creative and dynamic range of activities that successfully integrates users into the social life of the services provided to agreed standards to increase attendance and engagement.
- To identify areas and opportunities for service development through co-production i.e service user consultation etc.
- To seek opportunities for raising funds for service delivery e.g. funding applications, corporate sponsorship development.
- Manage the Centre staff in accordance with current legislation and Age UK East London policies and to be responsible for the continuing professional development of all Centre employees.
- To develop, implement and maintain effective monitoring systems to ensure that the service is meeting the needs of service users and that all quality standards & targets are fully met.
- To ensure that any service level agreement and/or contract is delivered effectively.
- To be involved in networking and partnership work with other relevant agencies to ensure that the service is at the forefront of community services in the East London area.
- To ensure team effectively uses Charity Log to record data and monitor outcomes.
- Implement induction programmes as required for new staff and volunteers within project area.
- Community Outreach Navigators, Hub Lunch Supervisor and Kitchen Assistant to be managed by the Caxton Activities & Centre Coordinator.
- Caxton Activities & Centre Co-ordinator to be managed by the Community Outreach Service Manager.
Caxton Activities & Centre Coordinator
- Demonstrable experience of people management
- Experience of managing service budgets and raising funds
- Experience of delivering services that meet defined outcomes and outputs
- Experience of continuous improvement in service delivery
Knowledge & Understanding
- Knowledge of services available to older people and their carers (e.g. through health service, social services, voluntary sector)
- Understanding of person centred approach and co-production
- Understanding of confidentiality policy and practice
- Understanding of equality and diversity in practice
- Understanding and commitment to empowering service users
- Commitment to working creatively within a team
- An open minded and challenging approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- This post is subject to a check through the disclosure and barring service (formerly CRB)
- This post requires travel across East London
- The post holder will work with standard office server based computer systems and the Charity Log Management Database system