Each year Age UK East London helps 9500 older east Londoners living in the country’s top pensioner poverty hotspots. Most are aged 70+, living alone in poverty and poor health. Most people have one or more long-term conditions, for example diabetes, COPD, or heart disease. They are struggling to make ends meet and watching every penny.
We deliver advice across the three most deprived London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham. Each year 2,100 clients receive often complex casework. Around 1,400 are experiencing significant life events, which are often interlinked.
During the year to 31st March 2021, we helped older people improve their financial position by £2,077,280. Overall, 96.5% of our clients felt they were treated with respect by staff and given clear and useful information. 93% felt the support they received allowed them to stay as independent as possible.
Tower Hamlets Connect is a new flagship service which provides people living in Tower Hamlets with free, independent and high quality information, advice and advocacy on matters relating to health, social welfare, and social care.
Age UK East London is leading a consortium of local voluntary sector organisations to provide a helpline and outreach advice and advocacy support across the borough. We are working in partnership with the council to maintain the Tower Hamlets Connect Portal, a public-facing, web-based resource with up to date information about local services, events, citizen rights and benefits.
The Network Co-ordinator is a new and pivotal role which will co-ordinate portal content, ongoing co-production of service development with all stakeholders, the digital action plan, service promotion and accessibility, customer engagement and consortium administrative support.
- Lead on sourcing and updating I&A portal content.
- Supporting service promotion through regular asset updates across stakeholders.
- Coordination of partner activity across digital support and user involvement .
- Provision of administrative support to the consortium .
- Co-ordinate the continual review and update of portal content for the I&A pages, including input from consortium partners.
- Create and distribute regular information updates to consortium members through the portal highlights newsletter.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the Digital Action Plan across the consortium.
- Co-ordinate and monitor User Involvement in service co-production across the consortium.
- Co-ordinate service promotion across the borough and via partners.
- Collate and report feedback and updates from consortium partners on engagement across local networks and forums.
- Provide co-ordination and administrative support for the Integrated Working Group, the Tower Hamlets Social Welfare Network and consortium meetings.
- Co-ordinate customer satisfaction reviewing and reporting.
- To maintain excellent working relationships with professionals across multidisciplinary teams and multiple stakeholders..
- Represent Age UK East London at appropriate meetings, events and consultations as requested by the Information & Advice Manager.
- To attend team and staff meetings, committee meetings, etc.
- To undertake any other duties within the competence of the post holder as may be required from time to time for the smooth running of Age UK East London.
- To undertake all duties in line with Age UK East London policies and procedures (e.g. Health & Safety, Complaints, Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities).
- You will be line managed by the Service Manager for Information, advice and advocacy.
- Close working with GP’s, Outreach Venues, Hospital Ward Staff, Adult Social Services and other AUKEL Services .
- Close working with the Advice Provider Networks in Tower Hamlets.
- Experience of working in information and advice and/or other community based services.
- Experience of delivering services that meet defined outcomes and outputs.
- Experience of co-ordinating information across stakeholders.
- Experience of working across multidisciplinary teams in health and/or social care settings and ability to network at all levels.
- Experience of facilitating user involvement to co-produce service development.
- Experience of administering meetings at a senior level.
- Experience of promoting services.
Knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge of services available to residents and their carers in Tower Hamlets (e.g. through health service, social services, voluntary sector) and the issues affecting them.
- Knowledge of Information Access Standards.
- Understanding of confidentiality policy and practice.
- Understanding of equality and diversity in practice.
- Understanding and commitment to empowering service users and person centred practices.
- Good understanding of policy, legislation e.g. Care Act, Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act .
- Good knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Professional and courteous manner.
- An open minded and challenging approach to work with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to tailor to diverse audiences.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE ROLE AND THE BENEFITS OFFERED BY AGE UK EAST LONDON