Older Peoples’ Reference Groups (OPRGs) are commissioned by CCG’s as a statutory requirement to consult and involve older people on public health issues and decisions that affect them. Age UK East London facilitates these groups in City and Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham. The groups are diverse with a wide membership and each group operates in a different way. They are user-led and sup-ported to co-produce their program to advance the interests of local older people, influence services designed for them and voice their wider concerns. For example, the co-design and delivery of the City and Hackney OPRG Covid-19 Impact Survey Report which outlined fourteen priorities and actions deduced from the consultation of 106 OPRG members.
- To co-design and co-produce with older people the work of the Older Peoples’ Reference Groups for Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham including its promotion, development and delivery.
- To support older people to engage in and shape areas of public policy at a local level.
- To build on and enhance good practice in user engagement across the organisation with the User Involvement Team.
- Co-ordinate meetings of the Reference Groups, including mail-ings, arranging speakers, convening, minuting, publicising and de-livering support arrangements.
- To increase membership and widen participation through promo-tion, outreach and use of technology.
- Increase participation from underrepresented groups.
- To provide and support leadership opportunities for members in-cluding Chairing/Co-Chairing/Co-directing the OPRG and partici-pation in external forums and events.
- To ensure that OPRG activities are inclusive and representative of the local population of older people.
- Manage a large number of relationships across three boroughs, e.g. with local community groups such as the Bow Belles and The Geezers.
- Represent members at key stakeholder meetings and action groups e.g. development of Aging Well strategy, City and Hackney Isolation Forum.
- Support the delivery of related user involvement projects, e.g. the Co-Production Forum in Newham and the Older People’s Network in Tower Hamlets.
- Support referral into and support from cross cutting AUKEL ser-vices e.g. digital inclusion programme, social activities.
- To carry out monitoring of activities in order to meet contractual reporting requirements in co-operation with the Service Manager for Information, Advice and Advocacy and User Involvement.
- To maintain membership database in accordance with GDPR.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records using Age UK East Lon-don data management reporting system.
- Provide additional data as required e.g. case studies.
- To deliver all work in line with Age UK Quality Mark standards.
- To attend Age UK East London mandatory training as required.
- Have a working understanding of quality and compliance issues affecting charitable organisations.
- Experience of co-producing and servicing meetings and events across multi-ple channels.
- Experience of working with people from diverse cultural and social back-grounds.
- Experience of engaging with and developing service user-led groups.
- Experience of networking with statutory, voluntary and community sector partners or similar.
Knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and/or a strong interest of the public policy environment affecting services to the public.
- Knowledge of services available to older people and their carers (e.g. through health service, social services, voluntary sector).
- Understanding of confidentiality policy and practice.
- Understanding of equality and diversity in practice.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to tai-lor these for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team.
- A positive and challenging approach to adapting working practices and im-prove project outcomes.
- Ability to identify and resolve individual barriers which prevent active par-ticipation.
- This post is subject to a check through the disclosure and barring ser-vice.
- This post requires travel across the three boroughs from time to time.
- The post holder will work with standard office server based computer systems.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION PACK FOR FULL DETAILS ABOUT THE BENEFITS OFFERED