Age UK East London aims to be an organisation that enables older people to:
- Retain maximum possible choice over the direction of their lives;
- Maintain and improve health
- Prevent social isolation
- Live in physical environments suited to their changing needs
- Have as many opportunities as possible for involvement in fulfilling community and leisure activities
Older people and their carers are our partners in everything we do. We aim to keep our work:
Age UK East London is an equal opportunities employer
- To co-ordinate the Hospital to Home service within Whipps Cross Hospital covering shifts full day Friday and Saturday and half day Sunday and Monday.
- To carry out customer assessment of needs as required both on the ward and in the customers own home
- To provide practical and emotional support post discharge
- To liaise with Whipps Cross Hospital health and social care professionals to facilitate smooth supported discharge.
- To complete risk assessment prior to commencement of service within the time frame agreed within the service key performance indicators.
- To provide practical and emotional support e.g. shopping, housework and/or befriending as agreed within the care package for a period of up to 6 weeks
Co-Ordination, Operational Management & Service Development
- Support the Senior Project Co-Ordinator to maintain service delivery covering Senior Project Co-Ordinator’s role during period’s sickness and annual leave.
- Input into supervision reviews of Whipps Cross Key Workers and Project Officers performance.
- Ensure patients are referred/signposted to other appropriate support services.
- To maintain organisational database (Charity Log) in respect of the Whipps Cross Hospital to Home service users.
- To ensure that the Whipps Cross Hospital to Home mobile phone line is answered promptly.
- To ensure that service leaflets are available across the hospital.