Working hours: 21-Saturday/Sunday/Monday
Contract: fixed-term until end of March
- To co-ordinate the Hospital to Home service within Whipps Cross Hospital covering Saturday, Sunday and Mondays.
- To carry out customer assessment of needs as required both on the ward and in the customers own home
- To liaise with Whipps Cross Hospital health and social care professionals to facilitate smooth supported discharge.
- To complete risk assessment prior to commencement of service within the time frame agreed within the service key performance indicators.
- To provide practical and emotional support e.g. shopping, housework and/or befriending as agreed within the care package for a period of up to 6 weeks
Co-Ordination, Operational Management & Service Development
- Support the Senior Project Co-Ordinator to maintain Support Workers 7 day week rota ensuring that cover is arranged in the case of sickness and annual leave.
- Support the Senior Project Co-Ordinator to maintain management cover rota ensuring 7 days a week assessments are available.
- Input into Supervision reviews of Royal London Home & Settle Support Workers performance.
- Ensure patients are referred/signposted to other appropriate support services
- To maintain organisational database (Charity Log) in respect of the Whipps Cross Hospital to Home service users.
- To update Support Workers rota through organisational database (Charity Log).
- To ensure that the Whipps Cross Hospital to Home mobile phone line is answered promptly.
- To ensure that service leaflets are available within the Emergency Departments and Assessment Unit.
To be familiar with and to implement Age UK East London’s policies and procedures.
To represent Age UK East London and participate in appropriate external meetings and events in order to remain aware of local, regional and national issues affecting quality and compliance issues affecting charitable companies
- To meet regularly with Project Co-Ordinator for support and supervision.
- To attend team and staff meetings, and other meetings as required
- To undertake any other duties within the competence of the post holder, under the direction of Project Co-Ordinator(s), as may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the service.
- To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with Age UK’s East London’s policies and procedures including: Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Confidentiality, Complaints, Data protection, Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working within care setting at a level reflecting the responsibilities of the post.
- Hold NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care, Care Certificate or equivalent.
- Experience of carrying out assessments within a hospital/care environment.
Knowledge & Understanding
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission essential standards.
- Understanding of NHS discharge procedures
- Understanding of legislation concerned with social care provision
- Understanding the needs of older people
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent ability to cope under pressure
- This post is subject to an enhanced check through the disclosure and barring service.
- This post is based from Whipps Cross Hospital for patients resident of Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Newham and Essex.
- The post holder will work with standard office server based computer system. Training will be made available through Whipps Cross Hospital.