Essex and Home Based
Age UK Essex is a local charity with a proud history of improving the lives of older people. Last year alone, our Information and Advice team secured in excess of £1.7 million in benefits, and 4,241 clients were supported with complex information and advice.
The over 65 population in Essex is projected to increase by 25.47% by 2035, and over 80,000 people over 65, living is Essex, are likely to be lonely. To support this unprecedented growth, Age UK Essex plans to be at the forefront of service delivery and campaign for the rights of older people. We will fight loneliness and social isolation and ensure older people have access to information and advice that will support independent living and improve wellbeing across Essex.
In order to carry out this work, Age UK Essex needs to raise vital funds to support the continuation of our Befriending and Information & Advice Services. As Corporate Fundraising Officer you will be responsible for devising and implementing a successful programme of fundraising from the corporate sector to an agreed annual target, that will enable Age UK Essex to achieve its income generating target, which will include securing Charity of the Year applications, sponsorship of conferences and events and general donations. This is an exciting new opportunity to join a developing team, for an individual who is passionate and enthusiastic in supporting a growing number of people in later life.
Some of the Main Duties:
- To develop a long term strategy for Corporate Giving designed to support the Charity's strategic objectives and ambitions.
- To develop and implement a Corporate Programme including all marketing and digital materials.
- To successfully develop and manage a portfolio of corporate partnerships that generates significant income for Age UK Essex.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least five years’ experience in corporate fundraising and a proven track record of securing high donations from the corporate sector.
- Proven track record of excellent working relationships with large corporate donors.
- Experience of writing high level reports and presentations.
- Proven experience in developing strong emotional messages to support fundraising campaigns.
- Proven experience in legacy marketing and building relationships with solicitors.
Please apply by clicking to apply, and visiting theThewlis Graham website and following the instructions in the candidate brief quoting reference U0302. The closing date is 5pm on 28 April.
For a confidential conversation with Sarah Thewlis, details can be found on the Thewlis Graham website.