Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham works to improve the quality of life and enhance the status and influence of older people. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will provide professional support to the Chief Executive to improve communication and make the best use of information technology.
Purpose of the job
To develop and implement Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s communication strategy and ensure the cost-effective production, branding, distribution and maintenance of key communications.
- Increase awareness and understanding of our services and communicate our activities and achievements.
- Retain, maintain and increase public support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s Marketing and Communication Strategy and Social Media Strategy
- Develop and maintain Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s Social Media channels
- Manage and maintain Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s website
- Design, write and distribute the Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham newsletter
- Develop Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s photo and video library
- Oversee media requests and celebrity visits
- Devise new and creative ways to communicate and engage with older people in Hammersmith and Fulham, funders, Volunteers, Trustees and other key stakeholders
- Oversee the production and distribution of publicity materials in order to raise awareness of the organization and generate income
- To work as a member of Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s staff team and support / assist colleagues in the achievement of organization objectives
- To use initiative and work effectively with others
- Maintain high levels of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- To work within Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s values, principles, policies and procedures.
- Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham is committed to achieving equality of opportunity in its activities, services and employment — the post holder will demonstrate commitment to Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham’s policies on equalities and promote these in all aspects of the work
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive or Trustee Board in the pursuit of the aims and objectives of Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.