This post is located within the HR & Volunteering department, which provides support for all staff and volunteers across the organisation. Volunteers are a fundamental part of allowing Age UK Hertfordshire’s services to support older people.
The Volunteer Coordinator is required to support, promote and champion the role of our volunteers, while ensuring an adequate supply of volunteers are available to meet the needs of each of Age UK Hertfordshire’s services.
You will work closely with coordinators and managers across our services to develop volunteer processes and engagement, and will take an active involvement in volunteer promotion and networking.
Responsibilities/ Duties / tasks:
- Provide ongoing support to service coordinators in relation to volunteer recruitment, training and supervision
- Promote and champion the role of volunteers, both internally and externally, so that they feel respected and valued for their contribution to the organisation.
- To run regular volunteer working group meetings and ensure that both staff and volunteers feel involved in the volunteer decision making processes
- To creatively set up and run a volunteer focus group, or equivalent, in order to gain feedback and involve volunteers. This may mean holding local group meetings or creating an online forum
- Assist coordinators with planning for and conducting volunteer interviews and scheme specific inductions as required
- Coordinate volunteer inductions alongside operational staff and ensure the volunteer fact file is updated and produced in readiness for scheme specific inductions
- Assist with coordinating volunteer recruitment campaigns, including having an involvement in producing and distributing promotional material, attending local events and coordinating the application process
- ensure that the organisations website is regularly updated with promotional information for attracting volunteers
- include the use of social media and other forms of advertising online for recruiting and promoting volunteers
- develop and maintain links with external organisations
- Develop and run group interview / information sessions / open days or evenings for potential volunteers to assist with volunteer recruitment
- Monitor and collate quarterly volunteering figures, providing reports to HR
- Advise and support coordinators and managers on volunteer related issues, raising these with the management team where necessary
- Have an active involvement in volunteer’s week celebrations and other forms of volunteer events taking place throughout the year
- Ensure all mandatory training is regularly refreshed and up to date by all volunteers
- have an active involvement in considering and designing volunteering roles within the organisation
- To regularly meet with coordinators to discuss volunteer feedback and to ensure they are feeling supported in their roles
- To design and produce guidance on the provision of volunteer support and supervision within AUKH and deliver training sessions, where necessary
- Initiate campaigns to attract prospective trustees to the organisation and to design the relevant recruitment paperwork
- Assist the coordinators by running and providing regular reports on DBS renewals due for the volunteers
- To manage the volunteer mailbox, responding to all volunteer related enquiries, and to carry out all volunteer related administration
- Maintain the volunteer database, ensuring all information is accurate and kept up to date
- Attend any mandatory training required, as advised by their manager
- The role will require a degree of flexibility in terms of hours to be covered, and may involve occasional evening or weekend working, for which time off in lieu will be given.
Submit your CV and you will be emailed a full application pack to complete and return by the closing date of noon, Monday 4 October 2021.
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 11 October 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.