Are you eager to support older people to live well and enjoy life more? Working with Age UK HHB's Befriending services as well as a team of volunteers, the focus will be on setting and achieving specific goals for the individual and encouraging the older person to be an active participant in the relationship.
We are recruiting an experienced Coordinator to lead a flexible and responsive one-to-one, person-centred service to individuals at risk of, or experiencing, loneliness and social isolation. The aim of the Community Connect service is to support people living alone to connect with and engage in community-based activities that will impact their social wellbeing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Undertaking person-centred assessments, and reviews, utilising a range of tools, assessment and outcome frameworks.
- Providing time-limited interventions, which combat loneliness and reduce social isolation and support individuals to be connected to communities and place.
- Recruiting, training, supporting and leading a team of volunteers, ensuring that the delivery of services meets the required standards and targets.
- Liaising and working with a wide range of other health and social care professionals and agencies to promote awareness of the service.
- The ability to travel and navigate independently and to work efficiently.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the needs and issues affecting the independence of older people.