We are seeking an inspirational, astute and experienced leader who can work with the Trustee Board, Senior Management Team, staff and volunteers, our partners, service users and the community so the charity has an individual capable of making a real impact on our work and transforming the lives of older people.
It will be critical that you are able to develop a deep understanding of our unique Island community, the local health and social care sector and the other partners with whom we work.
Our Island environment whilst offering benefits to those living here in later life also presents our organisation with some interesting challenges. Our new CEO will be capable of identifying and developing innovative and sustainable ways for the future development of our Charity’s work.
Age UK Isle of Wight, established in 1973, has £2.5m turnover and delivers information & advice, help at home, befriending, care navigation, digital inclusion and much more.
The successful candidate should have:
- An awareness of current local and national issues affecting older people.
- Strong financial planning, budgeting and reporting skills.
- Be adept at building strong relationships with the Board of Trustees.
- Significant experience of effective leadership and management in a complex, changing environment.
- Excellent communication, networking and relationship development skills.
- Experience of securing funding and to maximise income from a wide range of sources.
- Knowledge and experience of strategic planning and new service development.
- Ability to form partnerships with voluntary, statutory, or commercial organisations.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.