Join the Drover’s weekday team and help make the Centre a fun and friendly place to be! Chat informally to clients, especially in the lounge. Engage lively clients in conversation, take time to listen to them and spend time with quieter clients, encouraging them to have a chat. We’ll also ask you to help out in the kitchen: make tea, coffee & toast and keep the kitchen area tidy. This role would suit anyone who has good people skills and has a positive attitude. You will gain an appreciation of the everyday issues that older people have through talking to them.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Love being with people
- Enthusiastic and good communicator
- Able to communicate well with people from all backgrounds
- Reliability, punctuality and empathy
- Understanding of, and compliance with Age UK Islington key policies e.g. Safeguarding, Data Protection.
We will ask you to:
- Complete an application form (incl. 2 referees)
- Have a short telephone conversation about what you’d like to achieve through volunteering
- Have an informal interview
- Attend a general induction session
- We’ll organise an Enhanced DBS check.
Ideally we are looking for someone who can make an ongoing commitment. We'll ask around 3-4 hours a week (Mon - Fri, 10am – 4pm, day and time are flexible).
- We will pay all reasonable travel expenses
- If you volunteer for half a day (3.5 hours or more) we will pay subsistence/lunch expenses.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.