Join the Choice & Control Navigation team to help adults with complex needs who are eligible for Personal Health Budget: an amount of money to help them to reach their wellbeing goals and keep healthy and well. You will help clients source the services they have identified that they wish to use their personal budget for and support the creation of a directory of possible services. The role also requires follow-up calls to clients to check on their progress with their support plan, undertake telephone survey of clients’ opinions, send emails to clients and update client’s records on our computer system.
People use their personal health budgets to access different types of care and support that suit their needs instead of using traditional NHS services – they could be used for a wide variety of activities and items. The programme is designed to help people build their confidence, and for some people to improve their mobility and social connections.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Confident and able to use initiative
- Comfortable talking to people on the phone
- Able to use computers confidently and to learn how to use our database
- Comfortable researching new information and sharing this with others
- Reliability, punctuality and empathy
- Understanding of, and compliance with Age UK Islington key policies e.g. Safeguarding, Data Protection.
We will ask you to:
- Complete an application form (incl. 2 referees)
- Have a short telephone conversation about what you’d like to achieve through volunteering
- Have an informal interview
- Attend a general induction session
- We’ll organise an Enhanced DBS check.
Ideally we are looking for someone who can make an ongoing commitment. We'll ask around 3-4 hours a week (Mon - Fri, 10am – 4pm, day and time are flexible).
- We will pay all reasonable travel expenses
- If you volunteer for half a day (3.5 hours or more) we will pay subsistence/lunch expenses.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.