You will provide an advice, information and casework service for older people on all aspects of financial inclusion using a person-centred, holistic approach, to a wide range of older people living in Kensington and Chelsea.
This service will provide advice and information on financial inclusion, including how to get a bank account, access to credit unions and affordable credit, information and advice on budgeting and managing money, and debt advice for older people.
- To visit older people and their carers in their homes and interview them in office premises or other locations as appropriate.
- To participate in lunchtime cover rota for reception duty, including answering phone, welcoming and directing visitors, and signposting to other organisations.
- To also cover reception for short periods of time at other times where necessary.
- To assess older people for financial support and recommend for grant aid.
- To work to Community Legal Service quality mark standards
- In all work, to maintain the highest levels of client care and a customer focus, and to enhance the choices and positive living for older people.
- To represent Age Concern Kensington and Chelsea on working groups and committees as required.
- From time to time give talks and presentations to other agencies and groups to promote the profile of Age Concern in the borough.
- To attend staff meetings, and join working parties and project groups as appropriate.
- To engage in supervision and the appraisal scheme.