At Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland, a division of our charity provides support to individuals who require an advocate covering the city and counties of Leicester.
You will provide advocacy, in line with the Care Act 2014 to, but not limited to, adults
over the age of eighteen, who have mental health problems or learning disabilities
and physical disabilities; The service will work alongside individuals who are going
through assessments, support planning, review or safeguarding processes and have
a substantial difficulty in understanding or engaging with Social Care processes and
have no appropriate person to support them. This is such a rewarding job role,
being able to help individuals be heard and listened too.
You will require or hold a relevant Advocacy Qualification or be willing to study for and obtain within 12 months of commencing employment.
A full clean driving licence and vehicle owner with business insurance is required with the occasional weekend or evening work.
If you are interested, or require any further information please contact Tara Goacher – . or visit our website for a full job description, personal specification & terms & condtions and application form
You will require :
Excellent communication skills
- The ability to develop good working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of people.
- The ability to research information and people's rights.
- Ability to stand up and challenge decisions.
- Excellent English skills to understand complex policies and procedures.
- Work under pressure with challenging cases
- Work within professional boundaries
- Good IT Skills
- Administrative tasks, compile and produce reports, assessments, deliver presentations
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills with a non-judgemental approach
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Region of £25,000 per annum
Base: Lansdowne House 113 Princess Road East Leicester LE2 7LA
Closing date: 03/02/2021
Interview date: 8th & 10th February 2022
Reference No. RC 13012022
For full job details to visit the Website
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.