We are recruiting a Front of House Co-ordinator to join our exceptional team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a good background in customer services, support work and administration to help vulnerable residents across Merton to access the help and support they need to thrive in a post-Covid world.
You will be front and centre at the gateway to our services, offering people a warm welcome, accurate information and connection to specialised services tailored to their needs.
The Front of House Coordinator will be the first port of call for all clients contacting Age UK Merton, whether this is through the main reception number, at the door, by email or through the Merton Community Response Hub. The purpose of the role is to provide a professional reception service to all visitors and to carry out general administrative functions within Age UK Merton that support a smooth running of the charity.
Responsibilities of the post:
- To act as the first point of entry for all people contacting Age UK Merton on the phone, in person and on email
- To explore the nature of the query raised by the person and to determine the appropriate service for follow up
- To present information with the client in an accessible form, enabling them to identify a suitable solution where possible
- To inform people about services that may be available to them and how to access them
- Where appropriate, to refer people to other agencies and sources of help including those provided by Age UK and Age UK Merton, other voluntary organisations and health, social care and housing services
- To deal with day to day enquiries directly and to take clear messages for other staff when required
- To record all client information and communication on our database Charity Log, adhering to our Data Protection Policy at all times
- To book appointments, take payment and maintain registers for activities and Solemates
- To keep the reception area clean and tidy and organized
- To keep information in reception attractive, relevant and up to date
- To greet visitors and volunteers, ensure they have signed in and provide Volunteering Co-ordinator with sheets for analysis
Merton Community Response Hub
- Respond to inbound referrals from customers or referral partners as part of the Community Response Hub team
- Triage customers’ needs, assessing priority and ongoing interventions.
- Hold ‘guided conversations’ and where appropriate to identify onward referrals and person-centred action planning
- Signpost and refer individuals to support services catered to their needs at both Age UK Merton, Wimbledon Guild & external partners
- Receive and respond to enquiries by phone and by e-mail
- Work in partnership with Hub Partners, social services, health and voluntary sector partners to help customers to navigate complex systems
- To record client details, actions and outcomes on the CRM database, Charity Log to enable accurate monitoring and evaluation
- To support the promotion of the organisation and activities and events
- To take staff meeting minutes, type up and circulate
- To send letters to new Sole Mates clients with information about their first visit
- To call Sole Mates clients to remind of their appointments
- To contact clients when there are changes to the regular classes
- To help support the Operations Manager in creating posters and leaflets for events
- To control stock levels and purchases for stationery and general supplies, as well as those to support activities
- To open and distribute mail
- To support CEO and managers with filing and administration tasks as required
- To keep the stationery cupboard organised
- To administer mail outs to clients including invoices
- To add address labels to the Age UK guides
- To support the Operations Manager with managing the facilities and repairs in the building
- Cashing up and banking support across the organisation
- To upload the Sole Mates front sheets and update Charity Log
How to apply
You can apply electronically or by post by sending your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the Job Description and Person Specification below. Your CV should be no more than two sides.
Please ensure that your covering letter demonstrates how your experience‚ skills and abilities meet the selection criteria set out in the Job Description and Person Specification. Applications submitted without a personal statement will be rejected. Please also ensure you complete the equal opportunities monitoring section at the end of your application form.
Please inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you through our recruitment process.
Completed applications should be returned to us by noon Monday 17th May 2021.