Hours: 37 hours per week (part-time may be considered)
Salary: £20,117 per annum, AUNN Band D
Based: Field based across Nottingham City & County* with some home working
Fixed term - 6 months from appointment (potential for extension, subject to funding)
Number of Posts: 8*
Do you what have it takes to support the carers of people with moderate to severe dementia/mental illness out in the community? Are you able to work in a holistic, person-centred and enabling way with the carer, promoting choice, self-determination and fostering connection to local communities; ensuring that they have a positive experience of care and support? If so, this is an exciting new project running for 6 months in the first instance.
The successful candidates will:
- be self-starters, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- possess excellent organisational, interpersonal and IT skills
- be able to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in mental health & other partners
- have an excellent understanding of the needs and concerns of carers supporting people with dementia/mental illness
Personal experience of being a carer or providing peer support would be advantageous, but is not essential.
* The Support Worker will be assigned their own geographical area; however they may be required to support other areas across the county as needed. The areas & number of assigned workers are: Bassetlaw, Mansfield & Ashfield, Rushcliffe, Newark & Sherwood, Broxtowe, and Gedling x 1, and Nottingham City x 2 workers. Please specify on your application form which areas you would like to be considered for as your main area.
As an employee of Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire you will be eligible for our attractive package which includes 24 days annual leave (Pro Rata), public holidays, flexible working and a 4% employer contribution pension (in line with auto-enrolment rules).
How to Apply
For full details and to download an application pack, please visit our website via the Apply button.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Thursday 24th February 2022 at 9am.
Age UK Notts values the safety of our clients and colleagues. Before submitting your application to join us, please note that with effect from 1st April 2022, to comply with newly introduced Health & Social Care legislation, Age UK Notts requires all colleagues employed within this role to be fully vaccinated, unless covered by one of the exemptions, and able to provide evidence of the exemption.
Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire promotes equality and diversity.
Registered Charity Number: 1067881