This is an exciting time for Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin as we celebrate our 70th anniversary with our Platinum Appeal. Help us deliver our new income generation strategy and meet the challenges of supporting the growing demand for our services through a variety of fundraising methods.
If you have a genuine passion for improving the lives of older people and enjoy being part of a successful fundraising team, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves:
- Supporting the Head of Income Generation with the implementation of the income generation strategy to increase the charity’s income through a range of fundraising methods.
- Take a lead role in major fundraising appeals, such as the charity’s 70th anniversary Platinum Appeal and engage locally with appeals and campaigns led by the national charity.
- Identify, engage and encourage new donors and to steward existing donors to expand our supporter and donor database.
- Support individuals undertaking challenge events for Age UK STW and assist with delivery of the charity’s own fundraising events.
- Seek out and make applications for small grants from a range of funding bodies and to support our service teams with community fundraising applications as appropriate.
- Champion our volunteer Supporter Groups and assist the Head of Income Generation to set up additional groups in new areas.
- Develop relationships with corporate supporters, local businesses, supermarkets and large retailers and work with them on ‘Charity of the Year’ partnerships.
- Liaise with the volunteer recruitment team to grow our team of fundraising volunteers to support with community fundraising initiatives.
- Work with the marketing officer to promote digital fundraising to support events, appeals and individuals wishing to fundraise for us.
- Work with the Head of Income Generation to develop our legacy fundraising plan.
- Support the Senior Shop Manager and promote fundraising opportunities in our charity furniture shops.
- Deputise for the Head of Income Generation as and when required and support the Income Generation team.
Closing date: 12 Noon 28 February 2020
Interview date: 06 March 2020
CV’s will not be accepted, application forms only please. We want to hear all about your experience and skills and why you wish to join our exciting fundraising team.
An application pack can be downloaded from the Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin website, go to ‘Get involved, Work for us’.
Salary £22,410 (from 01 April 2020)
This is a permanent, full time post (part-time will be considered). The post holder will be required to provide a motor car for official duties for which an allowance will be paid. It is a condition of employment that the post holder remains eligible at all times to drive such a vehicle.