We are looking to appoint a new CEO from either within or outside the Age UK community to work with the Trustees on the next stage of the development of the Charity. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader.
As part of the brief for the incoming CEO, we want someone who can work with the Trustee Board, Senior Management Team, staff and volunteer team, our partners, service users and the community so the charity has the maximum impact on improving the lives of elderly people in the community. A charity background is desirable but not essential, we are open to high quality leaders who are looking for a new direction, especially reflecting on the experiences of the pandemic.
Over the next 6 months, the priority for the Trustees and CEO will be to determine the future strategy as we emerge from the covid crisis. Despite the challenges ahead the charity’s mantra is to ‘Build Back Better, so we can support elderly people in the community. The CEO will help shape that strategy and be responsible for its implementation.
Age UK Staffordshire has £2.2mn turnover, employs circa 188 staff (87FTE), and delivers day opportunities, information & advice, help at home, dementia support, social prescribing, care navigation, veterans support, charity shops and much more.
The successful candidate should have:
- An awareness of current local and national issues affecting older people.
- Significant experience of effective leadership and management in a complex, changing environment.
- Experience of securing funding and to maximise income from a wide range of sources.
- Knowledge and experience of strategic planning and new service development.
- Ability to form partnerships with voluntary, statutory, or commercial organisations.
- To collaborate with neighboring brand partners &/or complimentary organisations to share core costs, service delivery and funding bids.
- To balance IMPACT with financial sustainability.
The CEO recruitment pack can be downloaded at our website
Applications are by form, not CV. No agencies please.
Closing date: Friday 11th June 2021
Interviews: w/c 14th June 2021
Return completed applications to David Hole – Interim CEO
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.