Age UK's Wellbeing team are recruiting for a driven and proactive person to join their supportive team as a Project Manager.
Working between home and a central London co-working hub, this hybrid role is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team and work across a variety of projects aimed at improving older people's physical and mental wellbeing.
As Project Manager, the successful person will work closely with Age UK's Network of 130+ local and independent partners and work across the life cycle of projects, ranging from the development of new concepts through to the implementation and delivery of funded projects.
Being physically active in later life plays a key role in wellbeing, so, initially, this role will be particularly focused on developing more opportunities for older people to be active. The focus of the role will change according to the needs of the department and the needs of older people in the future.
The successful candidate would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will demonstrate an understanding of complex stakeholder relationship management with challenges that need to be understood and addressed in a timely manner. There are development and progression opportunities long-term within the team.
Please note that due to the Hybrid nature of this role, the successful applicant may be required to commute to the central London co-working hub on a regular basis, for example around four times per month.
All applications for this role will be anonymised, we won't know your name, address or gender until after shortlisting for interview has taken place. We want to select the best candidate for this key role based on lived experience and passion, rather than qualifications.
You will have:
* A proven track record of successful project management within a fast paced, complex organisation.
* Excellent organisational and planning skills, with demonstrable project management, design and delivery experience.
* Budget and grant/contract management experience.
* Experience of working collaboratively in a complex environment, building networks with a diverse range of people and project managing cross-divisional work.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software applications
* Ability to influence, negotiate and facilitate both internally and externally as necessary to secure progress towards goals.
* Excellent team working and interpersonal skills with proven ability to network and build effective working relationships and partnerships.
* Ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
There is a requirement to occasionally travel to local Age UK Partners across the country, sometimes involving overnight stays.
If you have a keen understanding of issues faced by older people or experience/interest in physical activity, we'd love to hear from you!
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.