Age Cymru are recruiting for an efficient Administrator to provide administrative support to the Friend in Need service. The service provides information and support for 'Friends' already supporting or wanting to help people they know in their local community and provides free telephone friendship calls for people in Wales who are 70 or over.
This is a fixed term contract until the end of March 2022 working part time, 28 hours per week. This role is mainly home based although the post holder may be required to work in the Cardiff office occasionally.
You will have
- A friendly and engaging approach to working with older people.
- Ability to provide non-judgemental support and encouragement to people in difficult situations
- Excellent administration, organisation, and IT skills (MS Office)
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Excellent verbal, aural and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A confident and positive approach to handling interaction with others by using a full range of interpersonal skills (eg tact, diplomacy, negotiation, influencing, assertiveness).
- The ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not essential.
What we offer in return
* Holiday - 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward
* Flexible Hours Working Scheme
* Employer pension
* Generous life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary
* Healthcare cashback plan
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.