Age Cymru and our partners Age Connects and local Age Cymru partners are extremely pleased to have been awarded funding from the Welsh Government to deliver the HOPE Project (Helping others to participate and engage). This is a project that will be delivered across the whole of Wales but some posts will operate within regional footprints. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the development and delivery of much needed local volunteer led advocacy support for older people through a community based co-produced approach. You will be part of a large team that will all be contributing to positive outcomes for older people at a preventative and early intervention level through the various posts within the HOPE Project.
Initially all 3 posts will be home based due to the COVID19 crisis but following this they will be based in the following locations:
1. Rhondda Cynon Taf but covering the Cwm Taf Morgannwg and Cardiff and Vale region
2. County Hospital in Torfaen but covering the whole of the 5 Gwent counties (Blaenau Gwent, Monmouthshire, Newport, Caerphilly, Torfaen)
3. Neath but covering the counties of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot
* Passionate about the issues affecting older people and carers
* Experience of working with a diverse culture, environments and communities in which older people and carers live
* Working with others to deliver successful projects and services.
* Understanding of advocacy in its various forms; Advocacy casework, quality standards, policy and practice
* Ability to establish and maintain productive collaborations
* Demonstrate high calibre communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to use these for developing partnerships, negotiating and influencing.
* Experience of networking, running meetings and events
* Ability to think creatively to generate and develop innovation within this role
* Ability to speak Welsh (Desirable)
What we offer in return
* Holiday - 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward
* Flexible Hours Working Scheme
* Employer pension
* Generous life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary
* Healthcare cashback plan
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK and Age Cymru are Equal Opportunities employers and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
We are committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
We politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.