Older people are amongst that hardest hit by the current pandemic, and millions have been turning to Age UK for help. Calls to our trusted Advice Line have doubled and requests for telephone friendship have trebled. Following the reopening of our stores after lockdown, increasing the income our shops generate is more important than ever to ensure we can continue to deliver vital services to older people who need us the most.
Age UK are recruiting for an Area Sales Manager to join the retail team on a full-time permanent basis. With support from an experienced Divisional Sales Manager this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced retail professional to take responsibility for the performance of around 18 Charity Shops across the East and North Yorkshire region.
The successful Area Sales Manager will:
- Be responsible for overall business performance of stores within your area.
- Build a commercially focussed sales environment at shop level, identifying opportunities to maximise trading potential, ensure all shops meet or exceed agreed KPI's and actively managing underperformance.
- Monitor sales, expenditure, and key performance information to identify opportunities for growth and development.
- Drive initiatives to increase levels of stock acquired over the door e.g. corporate donations, local businesses, schools, media activity, and ensure sufficient cost-effective stock generation at shop level.
- Ensure the right culture, skills and, knowledge are in place and Age UK competencies and values are upheld.
- Plan, manage and execute meetings with shop manager team as required, relaying instructions and messages to shop level in a positive and engaging manner.
- You will have a successful proven record of achievement in a multi-site retail business environment at regional level within the retail or Charity retail sector.
- You will need proven field management experience within a geographically diverse area and a background recruiting, managing and developing staff in a retail environment.
- You should have a thorough understanding of the UK Charity Retail sector.
- You should have the ability to review, set and monitor shop budgets along with the ability to review and interpret complex financial data.
- A Full Driving Licence is essential as is flexibility to travel and stay overnight when required
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of £30,000 to £35,000, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension, life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.