Age UK have more than 250 Charity Shops across the UK - join our fantastic team and help us make a difference to the lives of others!
Our amazing Assistant Managers support our Shop Managers in all aspects of the business and may hold responsibility for some of the aspects of the shop whilst the overall accountability remains with the Shop Manager.
Assistant Managers have good customer service skills and the confidence to cover for the Shop Manager for short periods of time, whilst working in collaboration with management at all times.
You will have:
* The ability to work collaboratively and consultatively with the Shop Manager
* Ability to lift and carry bags of stock up to 10kg's.
* Be able to lead a team of volunteers and staff
* Ability to delegate and coach staff
* Excellent customer services skills
* The ability to manage time under conflicting priorities
* IT literacy and numeracy skills
* Ability to lift and carry bags of stock up to 10kgs?
Ideally you will also have:
* The ability to understand and establish successful retail processes
* Ability to understand basic financial reports
* Experience in a customer facing role
What we offer in return:
* A 35 hour working week
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance
* A generous pension - we will contribute up to 8%
* Shopping discounts
* Life assurance and many more…
To comply with UK legislation, we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.