Age UK is recruiting! With over 250 locations across the UK, our stores raise funds for some of the incredible services and support provided by the charity.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our fantastic Hessle team as an Assistant Manager.
Our amazing Assistant Managers support our Store Managers in all aspects of the business, helping to guide and support our valued team of Sales Assistants and volunteers while ensuring customers are provided with an exemplary shop experience.
If you have a passion for retail and would like to use your skills within a charity that supports thousands of older across the UK, then this may be the role for you!
You will have:
- The ability to work collaboratively and consultatively with the Shop Manager
- Ability to lift and carry bags of stock up to 10kg's.
- Be able to lead a team of volunteers and staff
- Ability to delegate and coach staff
- Excellent customer services skills
- The ability to manage time under conflicting priorities
- IT literacy and numeracy skills
Ideally you will also have:
- The ability to understand and establish successful retail processes
- Ability to understand basic financial reports
- Experience in a customer facing role
What we offer in return:
- A 28 hour working week
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) + bank holiday allowance
- A generous pension - we will contribute 8%
- Great discounts and rewards through Blue Light Card and BenefitHub
- Life assurance, Bupa health cashback plan
- Tickets for Good - Free and discounted tickets for events
To comply with UK legislation, we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria under the Disability Confident Scheme. Please note that on occasion, due to high numbers of applications, Age UK reserves the right to limit the overall number of interviews offered, and therefore, it may not always be practicable or appropriate to interview all disabled people that meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.