We are looking to recruit a home based Regional Building Surveyor to provide a cost-effective building surveying and property repair maintenance service for a mixed portfolio of c200 retail, residential and commercial properties across Central and North England where you would ideally be already located.
The post holder will be instrumental in managing all minor repair and maintenance works, tendered project work, appointing and instructing contractors as appropriate through the Age UK helpdesk authorisation system. You will support the property team ensuring safe management of property projects taking responsibility for key actions and meeting specific deadlines.
This role will require extensive travel and will include some overnight stays.
* Several years' experience in a similar role with a Charity or retail based company
* Able to prepare detailed specifications of works, tender documents, and local authority applications and to draw site and layout plans using CAD technology.
* Able to communicate effectively with external suppliers, contractors etc
* To be able to efficiently advise internal clients on the implementation of CDM, Health and Safety legislation, Electrical, Fire regulations, Risk assessments etc,
* Strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate with internal and external customers.
* A good understanding of property legislation
* Excellent IT skills including MS office packages; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
* Ideally you will be member of the professional body (MRICS)
* A full UK driving licence
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.