How to apply
We are looking to recruit a Campaigns Manager to join Age UK's External Affairs Department in London. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a great team in the UK's largest charity working with and for older people.
In this role you will develop, implement and project manage effective campaigns that improve the lives of older people. Age UK campaigns across a range of issues that includes targeting pensioner poverty, improving health and care for older people and combating loneliness.
* Develop, implement and project manage campaign strategies to deliver political, policy, regulatory and attitudinal changes that improve the lives of older people.
* Work closely with Age UK local partners to build their skills and confidence maximise their involvement in campaigning and provide them with effective and timely support, materials and communications.
* Implement a supporter development strategy that builds a network of campaign supporters and maximises their involvement in campaigning.
* Commission, write and contribute material for a range of internal and external communications.
For a full list of role responsibilities, please refer to the full job description on the Age UK website.
* Experience of working in a campaigning environment to deliver change.
* Track record of developing and implementing successful campaigns.
* Experience of promoting public involvement in campaigns and building a network of campaign supporters.
* Strong knowledge of campaigning techniques and innovations, online and offline.
* Good knowledge of national and local political processes and an understanding of key decision-making environments
* Ability to understand policy and other issues affecting older people.
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
We offer a range of benefits including:
* 26 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
* Competitive pension with employer contribution of up to 9%
* Simply Health Cash Plan
* Cycle scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Life insurance
* Staff perks discounts
* Learning and development schemes
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.