We are currently seeking a dynamic Campaigns Officer, with a focus on local influencing, to support the development and implementation of Age UK's campaigns.
In particular, we're looking for someone to mobilise the amazing network of Local Age UKs across the country to help influence at national and local level.
The pandemic has been an incredibly difficult time for older people. It has thrown a new light on the need to reform care, tackle loneliness, and end pensioner poverty. Now is your chance to join Age UK's Campaigns team and create lasting change for the older people who need us the most.
We are open to requests for flexible working or working from home (dependent on location) but travel to the London office and elsewhere will be required on occasion.
Estimated dates for pre-interview test 19/20th March, interviews to be held 24th/25th March 2021
* Knowledge of campaigning strategies and techniques - online and offline
* Exceptional relationship building skills and experience working with different stakeholder groups
* Strong project management skills
* Experience of designing and running events
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proactive and flexible with the ability to manage a complex workload
* Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.