Age Cymru is offering a fantastic part-time opportunity to a Policy Officer to maximise the impact of information gathered through a joint project between Age Cymru and Carers Trust Wales. The project is focused on carers aged 50 or over, carers of people living with dementia, and carers of people who have moved to live in a residential care home.
If you have a background in policy analysis, we are keen to hear from you!
This role will be based in Cardiff and will involve travel throughout Wales.
You will have
* Experience of policy analysis, using research and evidence and writing consultation responses
* Excellent networking and influencing skills.
* Excellent communication and time management skills
* The ability to present complex research, policy, legislation and statistical material for a range of audiences.
* Knowledge of the current health and social care agenda in Wales
* The ability to influence stakeholders
* An understanding of policy making structures and processes in Wales
* Knowledge of carers and awareness of working with carers
* Knowledge and understanding of policy as it affects older people in Wales
* A commitment to the needs and aspirations of older people, and an interest in ageing issues.
* The ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not essential
What we offer in return
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance 27 days (pro rata) made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward, Flexible Hours Working Scheme, Competitive Employer pension, Life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary, Healthcare cashback plan.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.