This is a new role shared role that'll see you work across Age UK and the Age England Association (AEA), the membership association of the Age UK network in England. You'll help our respective organisations communicate and engage with our internal audiences - Age UK's staff and the 130+ independent charities that make up the Age UK network.
It's an exciting and crucial time for our future. Age UK's 3-year strategy and an ongoing 'Big Conversation' about the Age UK network's shared strategy for the next decade will shape our collective impact on the millions of older people we act together to support. A big part of your role will be to bring this work to life, explaining what we're doing, what it means, and why participating is so important for our organisations and our beneficiaries alike.
You'll also help us communicate with Age UK's staff and the AEA's members about other key projects and support both organisations with our day-to-day internal communications activity, working with a wide range of channels and tools. Acting together in partnership is very much at the heart of our future, so this role will see you work part-time for both organisations.
* You'll be well versed in designing and delivering high impact communications strategies and plans and reacting to ad-hoc communications needs.
* As an expert communicator with plenty of experience, you'll use your finely honed skills to produce clear, consistent and creative content across digital, face-to-face and print.
* Your critical thinking skills will help us keep an eye on the big picture while delivering tactical messaging that cuts through ambiguity.
* You'll be well organised, able to deftly manage and move between organisations, audiences, projects, priorities, and day-to-day activity.
* You're passionate about creating a fair and equal society for older people and uphold Age UK's values - 'we are focused', 'we act together' and 'we are bold'.
What we offer in return:
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a new and unique role at a time of change. We'll offer learning and development, a competitive pay and benefits package, including 26 days' annual leave + bank holidays, an excellent pension scheme (we contribute up to 9%), life assurance, and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.