How to apply
Location - London
Salary - £38,000 to £42,000
Contract - Fixed Term
Hours - 35 hours
Are you looking to utilise your extensive Compliance experience within a Top 10 Charity Employer?
Age UK is made up of a partnership of international, national and local organisations that work tirelessly to improve the lives of older people.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Compliance Manager to join our forward-thinking and innovative Risk and Compliance Team on a 12 month contract. This sought after opportunity will allow the successful applicant to add genuine value to the charity.
* To develop assurance and compliance frameworks across multiple functions. Testing and monitoring to ensure best practice compliance with internal policies and external laws and regulations.
* Identify new areas where compliance is required in the context of an evolving regulatory and legal framework and changes in internal policies and requirements. Monitor best practice through peer reviews and sector networks
* Communicate effectively with stakeholders, to highlight the benefits of compliance in the reduction of risk.
* Build business resilience by implementing an ISO 223001 aligned system across the Group, working with stakeholders to test and embed.
* Develop and deliver reports for the Board and senior leadership team on the efficiency of the compliance program.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Candidates should have extensive experience in compliance, risk or audit along with experience in developing and implementing internal control frameworks..
* Experience of assurance mapping and compliance testing across multi-disciplinary organisations is also essential.
* Responsibility for running Business Continuity programmes and improvement loops.
* Applicants should be skilled in gathering, analysing and evaluating facts with the ability to produce concise and cogent oral and written reports.
* Strong MS Office skills (including PowerPoint)
* Professional studies in Audit, Compliance, Risk or closely related discipline and educated to degree level or equivalent
For further details please see the attached JD.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.