How to apply
Job Title: Content and Communications Manager - 12 Month Maternity Cover
Job Category: Communications
Salary: £35,000 + excellent benefits package
Agreement Type: 12 Month fixed term maternity cover
Age UK's network of national and local Age UK partners is at the heart of its work with and for older people. As people get older, the services and amenities near home matter more than ever, so the community knowledge, insight and expertise of these independent charities change the lives of hundreds of thousands of older people every year.
As Age UK's Content and Communications manager you'll cultivate, curate and coordinate the flow of messages from Age UK to our partners, provide expert advice on all things communication and engagement, and share the stories of the network's many achievements.
* Plan, produce and deliver engaging communications to the network of national partners, local Age UKs, Friends and forums
* Advise and train colleagues and teams on communications best practice and how to best engage the network.
* Create and produce intranet content and help teams make the most of the site
* Work with teams to identify tactics and timings for engaging the network with Age UK's projects
* Gather analytics and user feedback to make informed decisions on communication effectiveness and methods for improving engagement
* Identify and share with Age UK good news stories from across the network
* Experienced communications professional including communication strategies, tactics and planning
* Background producing and editing content across a variety of platforms and mediums
* Capable of managing a busy workload, working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders and of progressing cross-departmental work
Skills & Knowledge
* Educated to degree level or equivalent, or hold a professional qualification in Marketing or Communications or have equivalent experience
* Experience and knowledge of the charity sector would be highly desirable but is not essential
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.