At Age UK we are proud to provide a free and confidential national phone service for older people, their families, friends, carers and professionals. Our brand team not only produces the invaluable resources to support Information and Advice but also brings to life the stories of older people across the UK.
We are looking for a content officer to join our brand team to support the development of information and advice content, stories and wider content projects.
* Experience of working to deadlines and balancing multiple projects
* Good attention to detail and the ability to ensure all projects meet brand and editorial guidelines
* Proven organisational skills and process driven
* The ability to research new content
* Experience working within a team and identifying issues for inclusion
* Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and creative text
* An understanding of the production of printed resources and other formats including electronic tools
* Knowledge of interests and issues affecting older people
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.