There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK fundraising team. Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the current pandemic. Calls to our trusted Advice Line have doubled and requests for telephone friendship have trebled. We have been moved by the public support for our Coronavirus Emergency Appeal, but we must raise vital future funds to ensure we can be there to help and support older people as they rebuild their lives.
Our Fundraising team has an ambition to grow our income beyond £60M in the next five years. We are investing in an ambitious Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for the millions of older people who need someone to turn to.
About the role
The corporate partnerships team is riding high on the success of our award-winning partnership with Cadbury and some recent six & seven-figure partnership wins.
We are now seeking an experienced Corporate Partnerships Manager to lead a top-quality, Charity of the Year partnership with a leading building society, aiming to raise at least £1million over the next 32 months. We are looking for a proactive partnership manager to deliver a fantastic partnership for all stakeholders. If successful you would be working 3 days per week from our corporate partners head office in Leeds and 2 days per week from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be embedded in a business, giving an experienced partnership manager the chance to use their skills to understand the business and deliver a sector leading partnership.
The role will be office based 3 days per week in Leeds and 2 days per week working from home.
If successful you will
* Create a comprehensive partnership delivery plan including fundraising calendar, communications plan, KPIs and reporting schedule and partnership key messaging.
* Build strong networks within the building society to champion the Age UK partnership.
* Deliver planned partnership activity, events, communication and reporting in a timely and professional fashion, always aiming to exceed expectations and targets.
Experience, skills & knowledge
* You will need solid experience in a similar role or environment, ideally within corporate fundraising.
* You should be a tenacious corporate partnerships fundraiser (or sales or marketing professional) who's great at building relationships, spotting opportunities and running with them.
* You have excellent communication skills, and the ability to write great proposals, lead productive meetings and build strong networks and relationships that champion the Age UK partnership.
* You've got a strong grasp of what it takes to build mutually beneficial, long-lasting, genuinely profitable charity-corporate partnerships.
* You are passionate about making life better for older people. And crucially you can see how corporate partnerships can help Age UK do this.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.